When the winter comes rolling around, we often turn to bold, burgundy lips and cateye liner.
But with LA still holding sunny strong in the low 90s, I’m feeling more sizzling summer goddess than ice queen.
To stay true to the season that makes me feel sexiest (um, summer) and yet welcome the colder months that the rest of the country is experiencing, I’M LOVING…Plummy Bronze Eyes & Nude Glossy Lips.
It’s J.Lo with a bit of Catherine Zeta Jones, and I’ll take both of these goddesses for muses, thank you very much.
Bonus? These featured products are all under $10. And I didn’t even plan on that. They’re just seriously my cosmetic crushes of the moment.
Here’s how you do.
1) Apply shadow primer of choice (my fave is Urban Decay).
2) Apply Pixi Beauty Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Plum Quartz ($12). There are 6 shades so you can pick your poisons. I stuck with the lightest shade for a base and the darkest shades for my crease, lid and lower lash line. 6 shades for $12? Sugar, I smell a deal.
3) Apply L’Oreal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner ($8.99) in Pure Purple in the waterline of both the upper and lower lashes. It lasts for up to 16 hours, so you can cause some trouble with this guy on your eyes.
4) Next up? My faaaaavorite mascara of the moment: L’Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara ($7.99). It beats all of the high-end brands in my book right now. I cannot get enough of that Flexor brush that paints and pumps up my lashes from root to tip. It says it boosts them 15x, but I’d say more like 50x!
5) After applying your favorite hydrating tinted moisturizer (to combat that pesky winter dry skin) and concealer, don’t forget the blush! The trick here? Well, my darlings, I used two! Both are NYX Cosmetics and only $7 buckaroos, but I used one, Passion for a pop of color, while I used Solstice Baked Blush ($7) for a medium tan with pink sheen. That’s become my new favorite blush, replacing those staple, shimmery blushes that shan’t be named. It leaves you with that gorgeous Malibu Barbie bronzed pink cheekbone that we all crave.
6) For lips, I lined the lip lightly with my favorite nude liner (Chanel Brown Copper) and then did a 1-2 nude perfect pout punch. I started with NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Sugar Wafer ($6) and then added some glam by glossing it up with my new must-have gloss, Mark Cosmetics Total Kiss Up Hook Up Plumping Gloss in Revel ($10). Now, there’s a name for you! Why is Mark so sure you’re gonna hook up in this gloss. Wellll, as someone who has, I blame the nonsticky, high gloss sheen. And the milk chocolate meets dark cocoa seductive scent certainly doesn’t help you be less resistible.
BF Asks: What are YOU loving this week?