So what are daily delights? Daily delights are the little things that make life worth living. Things that inspire. Encourage. Make Me Smile. Make Me Laugh. Make Things Rosier.
The happy little things, people, events, products, places and pieces of art that make the world a happier place to live in.
Are these things mind-blowing? Earth-shattering? Life-changing. Not usually. But they’re things that make me smile and, thus, make me want to share with you.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed them.
(These are usually pictures I post on Instagram of things that I’m loving at that exact moment. So if you want to get my daily delights on a daily, moment-by-moment basis, follow me on Instagram at @beautyfrosting)
My Daily Delights 8/13/13
1) On Saturday, I was delighted to attend the show of my fellow Texans – Lyle Lovett & Willie Nelson – at The Hollywood Bowl. I had to pay proper homage by wearing my Papaw’s Stetson cowboy hat, of course!
And I was so excited to attend with my good neighbor-friends from “The Compound”! We call them “the compound” because they’re two families that own a duplex together. I’m like “The Compund Plus+” since I live right across the street. Love these folks!
And we kept getting compliments on our picnic spread. We did it right!!! With market fresh salads, cheese, fruit, hummus, homemade southern pimento cheese spread and homemade brownies, we were set!
I have never seen either Lyle or Willie live and they were even better than I could have imagined. And I got to see my friend, Mickey Raphael rock his harmonica. It was a magical, memorable evening that I won’t soon forget!
2) Even though I featured all of the decadent – and delightful – details yesterday, I still have to mention my Mary Poppins Popcorn Pajama Party as one of my Daily Delights this week. It was beyond delightful. Check out yesterday’s post to find out how to have your own movie pj party!
3) Right after Easter, I always buy all of the Easter-themed, pastel M&Ms I can find. Why? Because, I can enjoy their delightful pastel hues throughout the year. Sweet, indeed!
4) This is how you know summertime is in full-effect in Los Angeles. My sunglass tray, by my front door, is well-stocked and ready to block the shine! The bottom 3 pairs are from my favorite sunglass line of the moment, Ivory+Mason.
5) Every time I bake brownies, I think of my mom. Sneaking tastes. Licking the spoon. Baking with my mom. These are amongst some of my most cherished memories. So when I baked Judy Rainey’s Brownies this past Saturday, I thought of my mom as I licked the spoon and baked with love. Parents, be sure to bake with your kids!
6) What started out as two girlfriends getting together to surprise our friend, Garrett, at the bar he works out turned into a mini reunion of my old Chris Fields acting class buddies. So much fun!
7) I really enjoyed this quote this week. As we walk through this world, this is a good one to remember!
BF Asks: What were your “Daily Delights” this week?