It was no easy feat. After all, I have a slew of favorite beauty products I’ve accrued over the years, as a former makeup artist, celeb shopper, entertainer and beauty junkie. I decided to choose my crop of “Classic Favorites” by narrowing the scope down to the shades that correspond to my BeautyFrosting signature colors: candy pink and mint green.
These products are among my faves already for the sheer product quality and efficacy, but add in the beautiful packaging, and they’ve earned a lifelong favorite status in my heart, on my face…and on my vanity.
1) Darphin 8-Flower Nectar Elixir ($150): No time for a facial? Keep this guy around. I know, I know. It’s not cheap. But an oil this luxurious just can’t be cheap! From one of my favorite French beauty companies – Darphin – who never does me wrong, this oil is worth every cent. A rich elixir that revitalizes dull skin, while smoothing, firming and renewing it – it does it all while imparting a deep natural glow. For my dry skin, I like to put a few drops on every night, prior to applying my eye cream and a rich night cream.
2) Fusion Beauty – Lip Fusion Infatuation – La Lip Jolie ($29): My favorite lipgloss of all time. Yes, seriously. This gloss plumps, fattens and moisturizes lips, all while leaving you with a sexy, supple, Victoria’s Secret model-like, baby pink-meets-nude pout. As for that dreadful tingle that most plumping glosses torture us with? Not this pretty thing. All you’re left with is a mild pepperminty tingle, that goes right along with the peppermint taste. Don’t wanna get kissed? Don’t wear this gloss, then. I’m afraid that your guy will want to kiss you, guaranteed. This is the only gloss you ever need. Oh, you might want other ones, but this one? You need.
3) Creed – Spring Flower ($175-$290): Romance in a bottle. Rumor has it, that this fragrance was created for the enchanting Audrey Hepburn. So, it’s no surprise I love it! I have a pink-on-pink, Warhol-style painting of her hanging on my foyer wall at home. But let’s talk about that scent. This little lady is unapologetically feminine. Celebrating all that is fun about being a girl, the prominent notes of peach, melon, apple and jasmine, let you leave the house feeling like a strong and beautiful woman, as you prepare to take on the world. On the days I spray it on my pulse points, I always hear Peggy Lee’s “I’m A Woman” play in my head as I walk down the street. Coincidence? I think not.
4) Philosophy Pink Frosted Animal Cracker 3-in-1 Bath Gel ($18): Remember those pink-frosted animal cookies from your preschool years? I sure do. They had a spicy molasses shortbread with sweet, candied frosting on top. As much as I love them – and the nostalgia they elicit – alas, my 37-year-old figure doesn’t love them, quite as much. So thank goodness for Philosophy for bringing my taboo treats to tubtime! This 3-in-1 product gives you shampoo, body wash and bubble bath, all in one. So why not splurge a little? A “Dawn Do?” This makes an EXCELLENT choice for wedding or baby shower favors, without breaking the bank.
5) Voluspa – Maison Blanc 2 wick Candle in Pink Citron ($16): I love this candle because it smells like my favorite brunch cocktail – the pamplemosa. What’s a “pamplemosa?” Well, it’s my recipe for equal parts fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice and champagne. And it’s exactly the scent you get here, housed in this beautiful tin. Another “Dawn Do?” I love gifting this oh-so-chic, pink and gold-packaged candle to my friends, as housewarming and birthday gifts. It’s a sweet steal at only $16 as it has a burn time of over 50 hours! It’s the ultimate luxe gift for less.
6. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18-$49): This has long been a celebrity makeup artist favorite! I’m not a big fan of toners, but I love using this in lieu of a toner. It wakes up the skin, while tightening pores and giving a spritz of radiance and glow to the complexion. With its star ingredients of rosemary & peppermint, I love using it when I’m not quite awake in the morning, or after I’ve been writing all day and need to pep up for a busy social night ahead of hosting or entertaining. A “Dawn Do?” Apply it after applying makeup to set makeup, keep skin perfectly dewy, stay fresh and keep you revitalized!
Hope y’all have a great week! And I’ll be back next week with my trendy product picks!
BF Asks: What are your top 5 all-time classic beauty favorites?